East Central Iowa Council of Governments
Your Regional Planning Agency
Welcome to ECICOG
Celebration of Partnership
Thank you to everyone that attended our event on Friday, January 24, 2014 to celebrate our grant awards from Federal Home Loan Bank (FHLB) of Des Moines. ECICOG was awarded over $600,000 this year from the FHLB of Des Moines Strong Communities Fund and more than $2 million since the beginning of the program. These grant awards will be used for the improvement of homes in local areas by helping to assist low to median income home owners with housing repairs.
- Curt Heidt, Federal Home Loan Bank of Des Moines Vice President of External Relations
- Will McIntee, Deputy District Director for Congressman Bruce Braley
- Ed Raber, ECICOG Board of Directors and East Central Iowa Housing Trust Fund Board of Directors
- John Harris, Linn County Board of Supervisors and Chair of the Housing Fund for Linn County
- Senator Dvorsky, President of the Housing Trust Fund of Johnson County
- David Jamison, Executive Director of the Iowa Finance Authority
- Tracey Achenbach, Executive Director of Housing Trust Funds
- Keystone Savings Bank
- Hills Bank & Trust Company
- Guaranty Bank & Trust Co.
Housing Trust Funds:
- Housing Fund for Linn County
- East Central Iowa Housing Trust Fund
- Housing Trust Fund of Johnson County
Since its creation, ECICOG has become recognized as an ideal vehicle for addressing planning issues that require a regional perspective. Cities and counties benefit from the assistance of our staff in their efforts to promote community and economic development, improve housing stock in the region, manage solid waste, and meet the transportation needs of the area.
With the ECICOG offices centrally located in Cedar Rapids, our professional staff is available to assist local officials and concerned citizens in exploring ways to make their communities a better place to live. ECICOG board members may also be contacted for more information on the advantages of regional cooperation and coordination.
Click here to download a copy of the ECICOG Comprehensive Regional Development Strategy (CRDS), our combined Long Range Transportation Plan and Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy.
Regional Housing Assessment Completed
The 2011 Regional Housing Assessment is available for review. Please contact Chad Sands with any questions.
The East Central Iowa Council of Governments (ECICOG) is an intergovernmental council established in 1973 under Chapter 28E and provided for under Chapter 28H of the Code of Iowa. Governed by a board of directors comprised of elected officials and private citizens, ECICOG was created to promote regional cooperation and to provide professional planning services to local governments in Benton, Cedar, Iowa, Johnson, Jones, Linn, Tama, and Washington Counties. (All services are not offered in all counties, see Programs). A portion of our operations are supported by a per capita assessment paid by these counties.